While browsing through KiCad, I learned about the clever Tag-Connect system. Given the high cost, I decided to replicate the design for myself.
The place for most of the things that I do for fun in my free time.
After my ST-Link V2 clone broke, I scoured the web for a way to build one from scratch. I ended up with a custom ST-Link with built-in UART VCP.
For a first try, not a terrible attempt at designing my own battery pack for UR@B. It did save quite a bit of money.
The logical next step to Concept Micromouse v1. I still haven’t gotten to full maze solving, but it’s a step forward.
With a week of winter break left, I tried my hand at designing a concept Micromouse to inspire our next generation of Micromouses for the DeCal.
After much trial and error, I’ve refined my simple and cost effective process for making PCBs w/ soldermask at home.
It’s about time I stop soldering wires directly to lithium batteries so I salvaged a microwave transformer to make a cheap battery spot welder.
I started off my winter break by finally upgrading the Pi 3 that had been powering my website to a proper x86-64 server.
Just for fun, I wrote a simulator for the flood fill algorithm for the MicroMouse DeCal I helped teach this semester.
Just about everything you need to know about setting up a WordPress server yourself.
In a relatively straightforward build, I learned how DC current clamp meters work and ended up with a surprisingly functional device.
Some free time and a project idea provided the perfect opportunity to get my feet wet with TensorFlow and OpenCV.