After my ST-Link V2 clone broke, I scoured the web for a way to build one from scratch. I ended up with a custom ST-Link with built-in UART VCP.
Matthew Tran's Blog! Posts
For a first try, not a terrible attempt at designing my own battery pack for UR@B. It did save quite a bit of money.
The logical next step to Concept Micromouse v1. I still haven’t gotten to full maze solving, but it’s a step forward.
My friend wanted to use the template I wrote for my résumé so here it is 😊.
With a week of winter break left, I tried my hand at designing a concept Micromouse to inspire our next generation of Micromouses for the DeCal.
Curiosity about the cheapest Atmel MCU led to the ATtiny10. Despite what at first may seem like severe limitations, it’s pretty capable.
After much trial and error, I’ve refined my simple and cost effective process for making PCBs w/ soldermask at home.
It’s about time I stop soldering wires directly to lithium batteries so I salvaged a microwave transformer to make a cheap battery spot welder.
A little how-to on the basics of getting the CAN bus up and running on an STM32 microcontroller using Mbed or STM32CubeIDE.
I started off my winter break by finally upgrading the Pi 3 that had been powering my website to a proper x86-64 server.
Just for fun, I wrote a simulator for the flood fill algorithm for the MicroMouse DeCal I helped teach this semester.
The thrilling final project for CS170 tasked us with finding the best algorithm for approximating the optimal solution for an NP-hard problem.