After using an AVRISP MKII created from an Arduino Uno for years, I decided to finally figure out where that custom firmware came from. Turns out it came from LUFA. With that, I designed a board around it. I definitely didn’t want to buy new parts for this, so I used what I had. While the MPLAB Snap is preferred due to its wide protocol support, I will continue using the AVRISP MKII since it’s supported in Arduino IDE. After modifying the LUFA project a bit to match the clock speed, GPIO, and chip, I got it working! All of my programmers are now tiny and it’s beautiful.

Matt Written by:

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply